Saturday, April 25, 2020

Rhyme Alaska - Alexa







#Atrociouspoets Prompt 24

Rhyme Me Alaska - Alexa

Spake to me dear Alexa!
My dearth hearth is dark
And my thoughts are in a lark.
Give me warmth; that I not be wretched.


Master, what relief do you seek?
Free verse, Old French ballade, love poem or prose?
Do you seek a sonnet, a quatrain, or a couplet of repose?
Should there be golden orbs or a dark mystic?

Matters not - ye foolish gutless voice!
Just give me words of wisdom or advice
For my skin crawls in fear of unseen lice.
Know you not a helpful rhyme choice?

Would you prefer served in Cartesian dualism
Where replete in abstracts of a living Tree?
Or set in concrete forms of what is to be?
Shall I facilitate the poem into existentialism?

Just do it! You cylindrical formless beast;
Give me comfort and joy
Without further respite or employ!
If need be - “Alexa rhyme Alaska”, at very least.

Very well, seeker of solace and cheer:
   There was once a man of trumpery
    With quite a dumpy way in his buggery
     With affairs and slump around in leer
      He sold his soul for the bestest robbery.

















No comments:

Post a Comment