Saturday, April 18, 2020

Conversation with the Universe






A Conversation with the Universe

Master of Ceremony:
Welcome Universe to this grand gathering of minds
We have a panel of poets and other scions of misfit
Seeking answers to peel back the Cosmo’s rinds.


Universe:
Ask away – where do your quandaries sit;
Do your eyes deceive the notions you cherish
Or, is the immensity of me - beyond a small wit?

Past tense:
I was a writer, lived long ago and now perish’d
Though I am since gone - past my agony’s skit;
Are not my poetic words alive whence life has relish’d?

Present tense:
I am a profound poet and master of rhyme
My words are fresh, timely meals for the soul’s nourishment;
How can words in place mean thoughts beyond this present time?

Future tense:
I am the waters of hope and replenishment
Will the future be less or more or if, it even exists;
For those who measure time - will they be forlorn by banishment?

Universe:
The answers to your quest is within midst.
Only those who hold tense to time’s meanings
Are tasked to explain how past, present and future lie in tryst.

Each of these is only real if they are given a time’s leaning
Otherwise, all is contained within one existential key;
The universe is; as real as is dreaming.







No comments:

Post a Comment