Tuesday, April 21, 2015

6. Nowhere Man - Going No Where






"Oye simpatico – eres un impastor?"

 

 
Am I an impostor?

 

I may be a fool; I may deceive;
 
And I may pretend...

 
I am nowhere man –

I have no history;

I leave no future

I am here – for only this very moment


 

Is the scarf around my neck really - a noose

Is that necktie you wear a rope;

is that the leash that lets you out - loose

 

Are these capes that we wear around

meant to cover and surround

the corpse that shall remain

once life pours out onto ours graves

with the loving epitaphs written in vain

 

When do the little lies beguile

so that the big truths do not slay

the while -

or betray the genuine fray

 

Why do we learn to deceive –

so to receive

so to take, so to win, so to believe

 

Why must we interweave

cloths so that our nakedness

does not need the darkness

to keep hidden our immodesty

 

Do you really care – about the dishonesty?

 

 So who are we...

are we contrary -

are we expeditionary –

are we the wild cherry of temptation

or are we a carefully refined imitation

 

Do not ask me:

 “What the fuck does it mean?”

look around man – don’t you know?

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment