Tuesday, April 21, 2015

5. Nowhere Man - Going No Where






In this place most things are eventually a waste

to be discarded as too old;

or too used;

or too many flaws...

 

Yes indeed, feast your eyes upon the carcass 

the imperfections are an acquired taste

 

 
 Where am I going - friend?

I have already been there  - and nowhere is where it ends

 


I came in here looking for the alone that I must be

running from a loneliness that pursues me

 

I sit here with widowed ideas

and orphaned words

milling about like starving geese; flocks

feasting upon the wasted corn fields; seeking absolution – not survival

 

waiting the season’s call to mock

changes that haunt after me until dawn’s arrival


 

you should know friend - I am perfectly contented to wait here

while all destruction over takes our fear.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment