Wednesday, January 11, 2023

The Moment is a Place

 






“What place holds you here?”

The siren seemed to say with her sigh.


And so, the lad, who had no pad in place;

Whispered,



“Whilst I sit wetted in cacoethes

And knowing not – any place to be home

Nor ever thinking of thee

in wistful romantic Brahms interludes;

nor nudes of Romanesque bask!

The place I am -

is not the place I hold”


“Why do you require such fires – 

when this place is dark empty space;

lace with nominal case

an uncommon place;

a faceless mask.”


The silvery siren sipped

At the lad’s collapsing desires

And then, slowly slipped away

Singing back, “Le moment est un lieu.”

“A fond farewell to my illusions of you!

Torment me no more you shrew!”

The lad mused regret of his reject in place.








No comments:

Post a Comment