Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Dwindling Down the Slope

 
 
 
 
 
 
Dwindling Down the Slope
 
 
You do not scare me anymore
 
As I’ve seen you many times before
 
Passing through my bedroom walls
 
Sitting there in your shadowy palls
 
Along the edges of my lessened mind
 
Picking apart at the diaphanous blind
 
That keeps this trivial room hazy and without light
 
And the dwindling dark corners away from my sight.
 
 
 
I know not where I am in the endless night
 
Nor if or where I lost my shinning knight
 
If he were here tonight he certainly would say
 
Sweet darling - I am back now and here to stay
 
Hold my hand - I won’t leave you again until the temple crumbles
 
And so - we will be free again to jump and make tumbles
 
Down the long snowy mountain slopes to the endless paradise
 
We knew once when we both were very young to arise.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment