Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Darkness - I Can See







So much I can see and still... see not -

 

Fixated deeply - beyond the mirrored spot

a haunted face peering back inquisitively

asking, “Is the light coming forth deceivingly

bright, or will it sear me with hell’s cleansing fires?”

 

Puppet strings and handling wires

will not keep me, nor will they save

me from the footsteps that must brave

the unknown paths and the specter

of lost dreams, songs, and laughter...

 

All these belong to the robber tele-rector

preaching for sweet music and more money...

while the brethren sit and nod slowly like honey

dripping; dripping across buttered toast

to be offered to society as a better communion host.

 

So much I can see and still... see not -

observing deep beyond the mirrored spot.

 

Are these images of inspirations

or are they the ghosts of hurtful reflections?

 

So much I can see and still... see not.







No comments:

Post a Comment